Blue Horizons Project Community Council Subcommittees
Join a subcommittee to lend your voice and expertise
The Blue Horizons Project aims to enlist public support and provide easy access to resources that allow everyone to be a part of creating a clean energy future. We need support from the whole community to make the clean energy by 2042 goal a reality.
Want to play a part? Join a subcommittee or task force of the Blue Horizons Project Community Council. BHPCC currently operates with two active subcommittees and various task forces that work on specific pieces of the adopted 100% Renewable Strategic Plan.
All meetings are currently held virtual via Zoom, unless otherwise announced. See all information for subcommittee involvement below. For general inquiries about getting involved, you can email [email protected].
- The 100% Renewable Energy Initiatives Subcommittee seeks to give focus to the Initiatives Action Pathway of the Strategic Plan by organizing a series of actions to cumulatively achieve the 100% renewable goal. We seek to expand and supplement already existing efforts and create new opportunities where gaps are found.
The subcommittee meets monthly on the 3rd Monday from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm EST via Zoom and is chaired by Keith Bamberger and Brad Rouse. To receive calendar invites and join the mailing list, contact Jamie Wine.
- The Community Engagement Subcommittee guides community engagement work in Buncombe County and seeks to engage all members of the community via events, social media, publications and press, and more. The work is also guided by the Equity Task Force (see below).
- The Transportation Task Force gathers regional transportation and planning experts to discuss various projects. Contact Keith Bamberger for more information.
- The Policy Task Force guides policy making endeavors for the BHPCC. Contact Michelle Myers for more information.
- The Equity Task Force directs diversity, equity, and inclusion measures for the BHP’s community engagement and strategic plan work. Contact Jamie Wine for more information.